Monday, September 20, 2010

Day 18: My Wedding

Get ready for a long post, because I can talk about my wedding all day long. Originally, I was opposed to the idea of a destination wedding when Kyle proposed the idea. Would everyone come? How was I going to plan a wedding from thousands of miles away? Was my Dad going to be okay with me not marrying in a Catholic church? Eventually - and by eventually, I mean not long at all - I agreed to go for it. And I'm so happy that I did. It was, hands down, the best week of my life thus far. We were married on June 6, 2009 in St. Thomas, USVI. We took 40 of our friends and family there, and it was pretty fabulous. Here are details:
The first time my Dad saw me:





















































Our kick ass reception at Havana Blue (one of my fav restaurants on the island):













Cake! Tropical carrot cake with cream cheese filling and chocolate cake with chai mascarpone cheese filling.













Custom drink menu:













My seating cards:













An impromptu first dance - our friend Emily sang Somewhere Over the Rainbow for us: 


























We were feeling good at the Rum Bar, at the after party: 























The next day, we did a Trash the Dress session (but not with my actual dress):




















































And then we had a reception back in Louisville at the Ali Center on July 11:


























































































No comments:

Post a Comment