Sunday, September 19, 2010

Day 17: An Art Piece

This one is the hardest! I was an art major and I love all things art, so I'll have to post a few.

I've mentioned several times before how much I love George Rodrigue, so here is a sample of his work:



















But, I also love Andy Warhol, and I own these plates:



















And, of course, Lichtenstein:
















So clearly, I have a love for pop art....but I'm a sucker for Impressionism, particularly Degas, as well:
















But I also have a huge appreciation for early Italian Baroque artists, like Caravaggio, and had the privelege of seeing this actual piece in the Galleria Borghese in Rome:














I'll stop there - this is truly a subject I could go on all day long....but I won't. Once I start getting in to Italian artists - I could do a 30 day blog simply on that subject!

No comments:

Post a Comment