Saturday, August 28, 2010

Day Four: Fav Book

Why, oh why, did I agree to this?! All of these "favorites" are killing me. I'm an avid reader. I love it. I love the smell of a new book, getting lost in a story and that satisfying (or sometimes not so satisfying) feeling when the story is complete and you shut the book. In this case, I truly do not have one favorite book. I love anything by Jen Lancaster. She is laugh out loud funny, snarky, sarcastic and someone I feel that, if we met in real life, we'd be fast friends. I'm also a huge fan of the Twilight series. Other books that I really, really love:
  • Lucky, The Lovely Bones, and Almost Moon all by Alice Sebold
  • The Mermaid Chair and The Secret Life of Bees, by Sue Monk Kidd
  • Nineteen Minutes, Jodi Picoult
  • The Devil Wears Prada: A Novel, by Lauren Weisberger
  • Something Blue, Something Borrowed and Baby Proof, by Emily Giffin
  • The Art of Racing in the Rain, by Garth Stein
  • Maybe a Miracle, by Brian Strause
Clearly I enjoy my books like I enjoy my movies - simple, funny, and entertaining. I think enough during the day at work so movies and books are my way of relaxing. I am not looking for a complex plot, just enough to keep me interested, and not want to put the book down.

No comments:

Post a Comment