Sunday, August 29, 2010

Day Five: Favorite Quote

Hmmmm. Quotes are interesting. In my opinion, many people pick some obscure person who made mention of some topic that can be translated as deeply profound. Me? I prefer Andy Warhol. As an art history major in college, he was - and has always been - one of my favorite artists. Such a cool, quirky and odd human, I would have loved to have been around during the height of his popularity.

Here are a few favs:
"They always say time changes things, but you actually have to change them yourself."

"It’s not what you are that counts, it’s what they think you are."

"When people are ready to, they change. They never do it before then, and sometimes they die before they get around to it. You can't make them change if they don't want to, just like when they do want to, you can't stop them."

"In the future, everybody will be world famous for fifteen minutes."

"Sometimes people let the same problem make them miserable for years when they could just say, "So what." That's one of my favorite things to say. "So what."


"I am a deeply superficial person."
 
"I can never get over when you're on the beach how beautiful the sand looks and the water washes it away and straightens it up and the trees and the grass all look great. I think having land and not ruining it is the most beautiful art that anybody could ever want to own."
 
Smart man, no?

No comments:

Post a Comment