1. My husband:
2. Without my husband, I wouldn't have had our wedding:
3. My family - specifically my parents and my sister:
4. My two dogs - Phoebe and Piglet:
5. Starbucks. Specifically, a skinny vanilla latte.
6. The gym. As a personal trainer, I live for my own, personal time in the gym.
7. Our pool. This was the best decision my husband ever made!
8. OPI Nail Polish. I want to work there. I want to create the names! They get me every time. Lincoln Park After Dark continues to be my fav.
9. Fried chicken. Like a true Southern girl, this is my favorite meal. I can't have it often (due mainly to the word "fried" preceeding the word "chicken") but I love it. Specifically from the local restuarant, J. Harrod's.
10. The Kentucky Derby - best 2 minutes in sports? Best 2 weeks in this city.
11. Bourbon (you could have guessed that, right?) - on the rocks, with water, as a mint julep, in a cocktail...just DON'T mix it with coke or I lose all respect for you.
12. Shoes. Shopping. Shoes. Good shoes. Expensive shoes.
14. Lindquist Beach, St. Thomas, USVI
15. Club Monaco
16. Cupcakes and Cashmere blog. It's addicting. Emily's writing is so clever, her style so inspiring and her photography so lovely that I've made it a habit to visit this site daily. And you should, too.
17. Owls. You heard me. Maybe it's the Chi Omega in me, but I'm obsessed with all things owl. Have been for years, and I'd imagine I'll continue to be. Here are my latest thank you notes I designed for myself:
I have a ton of owl necklaces, but I'm a big fan of this guy:
I own this silkscreen:
19. Chicago has always been one of my favorite cities, but it shot to the top of the list once I got engaged there.
20. Anything that smells of coconut.