Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Love is in the air...

One of my long-time, closest friends got married this weekend. As a part of the wedding party, it's been a year full of festivities from engagement parties, bachelorette parties, showers, cocktails, drinks, gifts, etc. There's just something to be said for standing up for one of your girlfriends when you know she's making the right decision, you can feel the love between the two of them capture the entire room...it's inspiring. And refreshing.

Now in all honesty, I was apprehensive about being a part of this wedding. I didn't know the other girls very well and I wasn't close with many of the groom's friends, either. BUT - I was pleasantly surprised. I had a blast. From hanging out in an alley in our matching robes for photos, to getting ready together as a group, the bottles of Veuve Cliquot that flowed freely - it was one of the best days I've had in awhile. It was the quintessential Southern wedding - mint iced tea, shrimp and grits, hot browns, bourbon balls...all things I love about where I live. It was also exciting because it was the first time I had designed the invitations for an event I was to attend - always fun.

Here are some photos from the event:

The bridesmaids and the bride at the Bridesmaid Luncheon held at Churchill Downs.



Me and the Bride
Some of the Bridesmaids
Champagne!

And....this is what happens when there is an open bar and old time photo booth involved:

No comments:

Post a Comment