Tuesday, May 25, 2010

SATC 2 - You ready?

It's almost here! It's almost here!
Admittedly, I don't have nearly the excitement level I did for the first movie...but the simple fact that Aidan returns is reason enough for me to see this film.
The NYC premiere was last night, and the girls...well, 75% in my opinion...looked FABU.
Miss SJP was rocking her take on the neon trend in a dress from the Valentino Couture Spring 2010 Collection:
Kristin Davis was decked out in neon, too - in a neon pink vintage chiffon Jean Desses dress. She looked gorgeous:
Cynthia Nixon - whom I never find attractive, ever - did look very elegant. She played it safe in black, but it was a beautiful Carolina Herrera gown:

Sigh. Kim Cattrall. Rockin' body at her age. She looks great. This dress? Horrendous. I hated it! I've read mixed reviews, but I think it completely washes her out and it looks dingy. Here she is in Naeem Khan:

Here are a few other guests that I thought looked Carrie Bradshaw-appropriate:
Alassandra Ambrosio - could be a boring dress, but she makes it look amazing. She could probably make a paper sack look amazing, though. Not fair.
Oh, John Corbett. Or Aidan, as I prefer to think of you. You always look gorgeous. Even though it's a little creepy you date Bo Derek.
And what kind of night would it be without a few fashion WTF moments:
Amanda Peet - thanks for showing up dressed so sloppily. You couldn't find a stylish blazer that fit? Tan blazer, printed dress, atrocious black shoes? I'm all for mixing patterns and colors, but this whole outfit looks like she got dressed in a hurry. In the dark. With no mirror.
Jennifer Love Hewitt - why is she still around? Your guess is as good as mine. You're bangs are too long. And Herve Leger? We get it. He makes beautiful, figure-flattering dresses. I'm about as over these dresses as I am her. Can no one think creatively anymore? They just assume, I'm going to be on the red carpet, I'll just pick up an Herve Leger? You can do better than that. Wait...maybe you can't.
 
Whitney Port. Who? Yeah, Whitney Port. From The Hills. And The City. I can't explain to you why she's famous, either. But, she is. And she's everywhere. I don't terribly hate this outfit...I think I would be okay with each item separately: the shoes without that dress and vice versa...and the hair with a different outfit. But together, it annoys me. Kind of like her.
If you made it all the way through this entry - this by far the snarkiest post I've ever put out there. If you're offended I'd say I'm sorry, but I'm not! I'm blunt and sarcastic, and I don't hold back. Hope you enjoyed it, or found it entertaining.

Enjoy SATC 2 this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment